Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review: Modern Log Cabin Quilting by Susan Beal

I'm in love.  Of course, with the first one, right on the very cover:

That is just beautiful.  I hear some scraps calling me to be a part of that quilt!  And the dedication made me AWWWW:


If it wasn't for my mom, there is no way I would be sewing. Aren't mom's wonderful?  I would be the PERFECT daughter right now if I had actually made my first quilt for my mom.  I didn't.  I kept it for myself. HA!

Sock monkeys.  Holy cute:


I just love love love the new modern quilting. I can use my fave five fabrics for this one:


I think the girls and I all need little aprons like this for First Friday:


Feel like only making one little square? This project is perfect:


And this...THIS...is an absolute must.  Anniversary quilt.  A block for each year you are married.  I am on my second year of marriage, so I don't have a ton of 'back-squaring' to do. But WHAT an heirloom to pass down to the kids I am never going to have! ;)


I give it 2 thumbs up.  I am wild about quilting, and I haven't done it in a good long time.

*scanning the fabric on the shelves*

Who's goin' under the knife?!

No comments:

Post a Comment